Hi everyone –
Remember the days when I posted a blog every single Sunday night? Rain or shine I had a new short story up to share…
Those were the days! Writing new stories every week and trying to include crazy writing prompt things like a Persian Caftan, moonshine, and a giant sized Hawaiian pizza. Remember the Komodo dragon week? Good times… *sigh*
Now that I’ve been busy with editing Night Walker and Night Demon and doing interviews and guest blogs for Across the Veil, my own blog has gotten a little sporadic. But just when I thought my blog was feeling like a broken promise, Kerri over at The Book Boost blogtossed a blog award my way! LOL
Maybe my blog isn’t sporadic afterall… It’s Versatile!!! J
Isn’t it pretty? –à
So here are the rules to accept the award…. (And in the name of Versatility, I’m going to add a prize!!! One lucky commenter is going to win a copy of Across the Veil!!!)
To accept the award, I must complete this list:
1) Share 7 things about myself
2) Pass this award on to 7 other bloggers;
3) Notify the recipients (Please don’t feel like you have to play! This is all in fun!); and
4) Link the blogger who gave this award (Done, see above!).
Okay 7 things about myself…
3) I have a signed Rocky movie poster hanging right over my writing desk because of the tagline… His entire life was a million-to-one shot. My favorite quote from the Rocky movies is from the last one, Rocky Balboa… “it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done!” Rocky taught me that you don’t always have to win to be a champion. You just have to go the distance.
4) I’m also a singer. I’ve performed with San Diego Opera, San Diego Lyric Opera and a few other local theaters. If you’re curious, I have song samples up on my site… http://lisaslair.com/MusicPage.html
5) I’m a Disney freak who has collected WAY too many Disney pins… Yikes!!! My favorite Disney character is the Evil Queen from Snow White, favorite Disney movie is Beauty & the Beast, and my favorite ride at Disneyland is the Haunted Mansion. My proudest Disney moment was on the Disney cruise ship. Panda & I were a team for a Disney trivia game show and she & I kicked butt and won a gold Disney medal. *waving my Disney geek flag high*
6) I cried when I heard Pavarotti died. I never met him, and I never got the chance to see him sing live, but I can listen to him singing Nessum Dorma and feel like I’m hearing love itself. I’ve never heard another voice like his. One of my favorite quotes came from Luciano… “People think I’m disciplined. It is not discipline. It is devotion. There is a great difference.” — Luciano Pavarotti
7) I was lucky to meet Ray Bradbury and he gave me the best writing advice I’ve ever received. I asked what he recommended to improve my writing. I expected him to tell me about a book on writing. (He’s even written a couple!) But he looked me in the eyes with a grin and said, “You write a new short story every week for a year.” At the end of the year you’ll have ideas to last a lifetime. His challenge took my writing and my commitment to writing and publishing to another level.
Shew! I hope that wasn’t too boring! LOL
Now to pass on the Versatile Blogger award…. (In no particular order)
Linda Wisdom – http://linda-wisdom.blogspot.com/ Linda has been publishing romance novels for 30 years (which makes her extremely versatile!), and she is one of the coolest, most fun authors I know! Definitely check out her blog and her Hexy witch & demon series…
Lynn Rush – http://lynnrush.wordpress.com/ Lynn is a great lady who manages to blog everyday!!! *boggle* Not only that, but her blogs are usually fun! Debating, movie clips, meeting up and coming writers, etc. Majorly versatile!!!
Ciara Knight – http://www.ciaraknight.com/ Ciara has a great blog full of good news and much more! So versatile it’ll knock your socks off! J (Plus she let me do a guest blog about Love! LOL)
The Peeps on the Entangled Publishing Blog – http://www.entangledpublishingblog.com/ Entangled has put together a beautiful blog page that’s full of interviews with Publishers, Writers, Publicists and more. If you’re looking for information on publishing, marketing, writing, etc. This is the versatile blog for you! LOL
DJ Myke – http://www.myspace.com/jmichaeltodd/blog/ When I first started blogging just over 3 years ago, DJ Myke on MySpace was one of the first bloggers I met. He’s a huge poetry and music lover and an all-around great guy! His blogs are always different with poetry, videos, and stories. HE’s definitely worth meeting! J
Elen Grey – http://elengrey.com/ I love Elen’s blog! You never know what you’ll find there! (And she finds some amazing videos for my Friday Happy Dance of JOY every week lemme tell ya!!!) She’s all kinds of versatile!
Blogophilia – http://www.myspace.com/blogophilia/blog/ Last, but certainly not least, Blogophilia is a blog group full of fabulous people. We started together on MySpace, but since MySpace started imploding, we all scattered. Marvin the Martian runs the group and keeps us together on facebook. If you’re looking for a great weekly blogging group with handy writing prompts, give Blogophilia a try. You can find Marvin on facebook here.
Thanks for helping me accept the Versatile Blogger award! J
As a thank you gift, one commenter will receive a free copy of Across the Veil!!! If you want an extra entry, pop over to my site and join my newsletter… http://LisasLair.com
Thanks again for stopping by!
(For Marvin we had “Between my heart and the Moon”, I also included a caftan and a broken promise, as well as moonshine & a Hawaiian Pizza!!! YAY!!! J )