Welcome everyone; I’ll be your host for today… I’ve got lots of treats to give away, haunted porch pictures, and a spooky short story to share, so pull up a chair and get comfortable… J
I’m excited to participate in the Coffin Hop just in time for Halloween!
the gory details:
1) HAVE A SPOOKY FUN TIME!
2) INVITE YOUR FRIENDS AND SPREAD THE WORD!
3) THIS TOUR STARTS: Monday, October 24, 2011 at Midnight (PST)
THIS TOUR ENDS: Monday, October 31, 2011 at Midnight (PST)
Winners will be drawn and posted November 1, 2011
4) MEET AND MINGLE WITH THE AUTHORS! EXPERIENCE A NEW DESTINATION AT EVERY STOP! PARTICIPATE IN EVERY SITE’S CONTEST AND BE ENTERED FOR CHANCES TO WIN MULTIPLE PRIZES! EVERY BLOG VISITED IS ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO WIN!
5) PARTICIPATION AT ALL SITES IS RECOMMENDED, BUT NOT REQUIRED. THE MORE SITES YOU HOP, THE BETTER YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING PRIZES.
6) DID I MENTION TO HAVE A SPOOKY FUN TIME?
***Authors have full discretion to choose an alternate winner in the event any winner fails to claim their prize(s) within 72 hours of their name being posted or after notification of win, whichever comes first. Anyone who participates in this tour is subject to these rules***
I got my start as a writer writing horror short stories, and I still enjoy reading and writing in the genre. It’s so fun to read and feel your hair starting to stand on end as the story starts to unfold before you. And Halloween inspires shivers like no other!
As you can guess, this is my favorite time of the year. I love the weather, the costumes, and the chills… It’s a blog tradition for me to share my annual Haunted Porch, so I’m proud to share a few pics from this year’s spooktacular trick-or-treat venue… My haunted porch… LOL
So now that we’re in a festive spooky mood… How about a creepy short story? Hope you enjoy Keepsakes…
Keepsakes – By Lisa Kessler
Descending the shallow cement steps, Margie watched the light pass away into shadows. The fresh air mutated into the stale, stagnant fragrance of the basement. Her basement.
When her feet steadied on the concrete floor, she moved through the dimly lit cavern, and carefully removed a wall panel behind the furnace.
Her heart leapt as her fingers brushed over her most secret keepsakes.
Her guilty pleasure.
His bones were cool to the touch, and so very smooth. Gingerly, she slid the femur out of its tomb and into the light. She puffed air down the length of it, clearing away any invisible dust mites before placing a tender kiss against the milky white surface.
“I miss you,” she whispered.
And she did. Ever since that night fifteen years before, she’d never been unfaithful to him. How could she? No other man could ever take his place. She loved him with a passion too great to control, and a fervor that demanded his constant attention.
Attention he showered on that whore he worked with.
She shook her head, fighting to suppress the painful memory. But it was too late. The cheap filthy tramp’s image filled her mind. The way she sat up on the kitchen counter, her head tilted back, her back arched, offering her naked breasts to him. He’d been feasting on her when Margie walked in.
She had sensed something going on with him at work, but she hadn’t found any proof.
Seeing them half naked in her kitchen was proof enough for Margie.
She smiled remembering the stunned looks on their faces when she pointed the gun at them. With a tug of the trigger, the whore’s blood and gore splattered all over Margie’s beautiful white cabinets, shocking her with the mess.
She would have stopped there. She wanted to stop, but he kept screaming at her that she was insane. Couldn’t he see that she loved him?
She did it for them.
He tried to wrestle the gun away from her, but a loud pop led to a deafening silence as he slid down onto the floor. She’d collapsed into the growing pool of his blood and cradled his head in her lap. His mouth opened several times, struggling to form words, but only gurgling sounds escaped his lips.
“I love you too, Brian,” she cooed as the life faded from his eyes.
She knew then that he understood. It was the whore’s fault. None of this would have happened if she hadn’t cast a spell over Margie’s man.
It took all night to clean up the mess and dispose of the body. She was forced to divide the whore’s remains for easier transportation, and over the next few days she dug holes, buried the body parts, and placed new tree saplings over each one.
The bitch made great fertilizer.
But Brian had been a different story.
Passion had driven her to kill, but love had demanded her to keep. Now they could be together forever.
Margie reached inside the wall space and withdrew his skull. Her fingers slid down the perfect arch of his cranium as she slowly kissed him, imagining his warm soft lips against hers.
“I love you, Brian,” she whispered. “I’ll always love you.”
Thanks for stopping by my Halloween blog!!!
I have treats (aka Prizes) to give away to lucky commenters! (Also if you already follow me, you still get extra chances, just let me know you’re already a subscriber, etc.)
Coffin Blog Hop CONTEST: (You don’t have to do all of these to play! Just extra ways to collect treats! J )
1) Leave me a question or a comment here at my blog below. Please also leave your email address so I can notify you in case you are a winner!
2) Earn +2 extra chances to win by Subscribing to my Blog…
3) Click on my Twitter link and follow me at: http://twitter.com/LdyDisney– You guessed it +2 more chances!!!
4) If you have a Goodreads account, add me as a friend at: http://www.goodreads.com/lisakessler and/or add Night Walker to your to-read list http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11557788-night-walker
5) Sign up for my newsletter and get +5 entries! http://lisa-kessler.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=021315e00577de12b41994e33&id=d2d2bcb9d2
6) Follow me on Tumblr –http://LisaKessler.tumblr.com– +2 more chances!!!
7) This won’t get you any entries because Facebook is mean about contests now, but you can find me and like me here anyway if you choose to! http://facebook.com/LisaKesslerWriter and http://facebook.com/NightSeries
TREATS FOR THIS CONTEST:
Thanks for celebrating Halloween with me! I hope you’ll Hop on over to another Spooky blog next! J